The Land of Kimberly

An insight into my mind and what is going through it on a random basis (notice the random - no promises to update and post at any regular frequency)

     [100 Things About Me] [My "To Visit" List] Check out our Frappr!

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Computers and HR

I really dislike computers somedays!! I spent the past 30 minutes writing out my quarterly update e-mail to all of my family and friends. I was literally adding in the addresses when bam! My work e-mail program crashes and I lose the whole entire e-mail. *sigh*

So if you are on my e-mail list, it will be coming, just not today! Although, if you read my blogs, you probably already know everything that I am going to write!

HR called me into their office today to inform me that my work contract expired back in March! Ummm...did they not know that when I asked them for the papers to re-register, which they gave to me? Sheesh! Loved the conversation!

HR:'So, how long will you be staying?'
Kimberly: 'I don't really know'
HR: 'You don't know? Can you guess?'
Kimberly: 'No, depends on the project and when I decide its time to go back'
HR: 'Hmmmm...well, how long will that be? 10 years? 20?'

Huh? Why on earth would I want to stay here for 20 years? What kind of a question is that one? I wonder what he would have done if I had said for the rest of my life? I like Belgium, but not for the long term! Way to transient with people constantly coming and going!

Final decision is that they would put down 2 years in my new contract, although I of course have the option to leave whenever I want the same as they have the option to terminate employment when they want!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home