The Land of Kimberly

An insight into my mind and what is going through it on a random basis (notice the random - no promises to update and post at any regular frequency)

     [100 Things About Me] [My "To Visit" List] Check out our Frappr!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

100 Things About Me

When I started writing this list a few weeks ago, I did not think that it would be that hard to complete...boy was I wrong! Listing 100 things about yourself is a lot harder that I had imagined! But I persevered, and here is the finished list!

100 Things About Me

1. I am a Leo
2. I was born in the year of the Horse
3. I was born with a Cleft Lip and Palate
4. I have had my tonsils out
5. I have never broken any bones
6. I play the clarinet
7. I self taught myself the piano
8. I can crochet
9. I self taught myself to crochet
10. I was in Girl Scouts….the whole way
11. I own a timeshare in Florida
12. I dream of owning a Bernese Mountain dog
13. My first car was an Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
14. My first brand new car was an Oldsmobile Alero
15. I sang in the Miss Michigan pagent (not as a contestant)
16. I’ve lived in 3 countries
17. I am right handed but use my left for many things
18. I can cross my eyes
19. It is impossible for me to roll my tongue
20. I can speak french
21. I am a Mayflower descendant
22. My first dog was an Alaskan Husky named Tasha
23. My second dog was a collie named Reggie
24. I am a middle child
25. I attended an all-female liberal arts college
26. I am an avid Notre Dame football fan
27. My favorite ice cream flavor is anything chocolate
28. My favorite hot drink is tea
29. I despise the smell and taste of coffee
30. I read Les Miserables in one day
31. My intended major in college was International Business with French and German minors
32. My actual major was Accounting with Computer Science and French minor studies
33. I have two sisters
34. I love Hormel Chili (no beans) and Velveeta Cheese dip
35. I learned to ski in France
36. I was a tour guide on Mackinac Island
37. I have a timeshare in Kissimmee Florida
38. I had never left the US beside Canada before I moved to Ireland
39. I have had a penpal in Ireland for over 14 years that I still write with
40. All four of my grandparents are still alive
41. I own over 100 pairs of shoes but wear about 10 on a regular basis
42. I can pat my head and rub my stomach (and vice versa) at the same time (even when intoxicated)
43. I love to drink Guinness
44. I do not own a car
45. I read extremely fast
46. I love to bake
47. I worked as a burger king manager for 6 years while in school
48. I was a Resident Advisor in college
49. I can swear like a sailor when really riled
50. My hair is darkening so I highlight it blonder
51. I can not sing in tune
52. I look good in red
53. I collect Department 56 houses
54. I collect trivets from places I’ve been to
55. My favorite movie is the Princess Bride
56. My dream vacation is an around the world cruise
57. I can ride my bicycle with no hands
58. I can do a cartwheel
59. I have issues walking in a straight line
60. I have lived in 11 different homes but moved 15 times
61. My high school tennis nickname was Stubby
62. I played tennis and soccer in high school
63. I have 1 nephew, 1 niece, 2 step-nieces and 1 unknown on the way
64. I can make my own hard candy
65. I have gone to Oktoberfest…twice
66. I love thunderstorms
67. I have a light dusting of freckles across my cheeks that seem to arrive and disappear at will
68. My knuckles and knees are scarred from flipping over the handle bars of my bike
69. I spent a summer as a Coffee Shop manager and to this day shudder when I smell coffee
70. I have a published poem
71. I love to watch sunsets
72. I am teaching myself to knit
73. I have cross-stitched since I was in 5th grade
74. My eyes are brown, but often people think they are green or gold
75. I went to Saint Mary’s College
76. I have traveled by train through the Chunnel connecting France and England
77. I walked across the Golden Gate bridge
78. I have gone deep-sea fishing off the Florida Keys
79. I love the thrill of a roller coaster
80. My hair is high-lighted with my natural sun tones
81. My favorite book is the Witch of Blackbird Pond
82. I delivered mail in college to the dorms
83. I was in several plays in school
84. I was a member of the Saint Marys – Notre Dame Wind Ensemble
85. My high school mascot was the Trojans
86. If I could study anything, it would be history
87. I dream of someday living on a ranch / farm in the western part of the US
88. My favorite cocktail is a strawberry margarita
89. I am a chocoholic
90. I have taken a cruise around Greece and Turkey
91. I prefer to write with a pencil if possible
92. I am planning a trip to Australia
93. I have seen an Opera (Turandot by Puccini in Prague)
94. I adore the musical theater (seen Cats, Phantom, Evita, Lion King, Mamma Mia, King and I……)
95. I do not like Asian food that much (will eat if I have to)
96. I can say the ABCs backwards
97. My toe nails are almost always painted red
98. I like most kinds of music – country, rock, jazz, blues, oldies, gospel, opera, classical, some rap (see #99) …..
99. I cannot stand gangster rap songs
100. My favorite quote: “Fate chooses our relatives, we choose our friends” (choose wrong and you can’t blame fate!)

Return to my blog:       The Land of Kimberly       The City of Crochet

3 Comments:

  • At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like your list. May I copy it and use my own answers on my blog?

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i can tell you are a Leo.i am one too.also i am from athens,greece who lives in canada for years.
    you like to play and this is life how must be. you must puplish more
    poems,i am going to do the same.
    i am a designer of hand knitts wearables.i buy the best quility of yarns.i can e-mail you some of my items .f you wish to see pictures. Go with God,love nicki.

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kimberley,

    I was searching the internet for some crotchet ideas and somehow came across your site.
    It was interesting to read the 100 things about yourself......you reminded me of myself and it made me smile.
    I live in Sydney Australia, and have also travelled, lived overseas, speak a foreign language, love to bake, love craft, played the clarinet and piano.
    Anyway.....I just felt compelled to say hi.
    That's all.
    Sue

     

Post a Comment

<< Home