The Land of Kimberly

An insight into my mind and what is going through it on a random basis (notice the random - no promises to update and post at any regular frequency)

     [100 Things About Me] [My "To Visit" List] Check out our Frappr!

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Dan is coming to visit!!

Yay!! I received good news today - my friend Dan from Chicago is coming to visit!! (Hi Dan!!)

Dan was my first visitor to come see me when I lived in Dublin! He was there during September 11th back in 2001.

The funny part of his coming to visit is that I really did not know Dan! I knew his family, but had only met him once yet when I offered my hospitality if he wanted to come to Dublin, I was shocked when he accepted! When he arrived I had made plans to meet him in the airport. As I had only met him once, and late at night when I was locked out of my apartment to boot, I could not remember what he looked like....I must have passed him 5 or 6 times in the airport before we finally realized who the other person was! LOL

Since that great visit, we have stayed friends and kept in touch, including when I lived back in Chicago only a few miles apart!

I was amazed to find an e-mail from Dan asking if May was good to visit....of course I said yes, and so the plans are in the works for him to jet on over for a week....yippee!!

Can not wait to see you in Brussels Dan! Oh the fun we will have!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Kim Werker said…

    Hi Kimberly!

    We forgot to get email notification of Team Hooker comments, so I don't have your email address to invite you to join the blog. Please email me -- editor AT crochetme.com -- and I'll add you! Whee!

    Kim

     
  • At 5:40 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Sounds very interesting you and Dan...more than perhaps friends?
    Do tell.
    I like to pop in to several club members blogs daily and say Hi. See what cool pictures people often have of their donations etc.
    Come pay a visit, love to have visitors.
    Enjoy the weekend

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have fun with Dan my Daughter and I am glad he decided to pop over as you say. sounds like your more excited about Dan visiting than you were your own loving parents????
    Love ya Daughter
    Nite

     

Post a Comment

<< Home