The Land of Kimberly

An insight into my mind and what is going through it on a random basis (notice the random - no promises to update and post at any regular frequency)

     [100 Things About Me] [My "To Visit" List] Check out our Frappr!

Monday, January 23, 2006

Tis a boring life....

Yes folks, its a boring life that I lead. I am sure that you are all saying 'No way! You live in Europe! How cool is that?' But let me tell you, at the end of the day it is still a boring life! Or at least the day to day living is! Sure, I get the fun of being able to travel around Europe and see different places...but everyone back in the US has that same opportunity to travel around the US (which I might say is bigger than Europe) and see just as many places and things! Is it not funny how little travelling most people do in their own country / area?

Anyways, back to the boringness of my life. On my way back from Zurich a week ago, I sat next to and talked with a guy from Luxembourg who was living in Brussels for several years now. We talked about why we were both in Brussels, where we worked. Then he started in on the what did I like to do in Brussels...and that folks is when I realized that I have a boring life. Perhaps we all do, mine just struck home with a vengance when I realized that I did very little here outside of work and sleep!

Yes, until recently I had Zori here to go out to dinner with, and go out for drinks and dancing on the weekends. But you take Zori out of the equation, and life is very dull. I work, go home, surf the internet, do some reading or crocheting and thats about it. I don't go watch movies. I rarely turn on my television (it was out of order for 2+ months before I got around to getting the cable fixed). I don't go to museums and plays or the opera. I will occasionally meet up with some friends or colleagues for dinner or drinks after work and on the weekends. I do a little bit of shopping on the weekends on Saturdays.

There is no drama or fast living in my life. No excitement. No flare. Its boring.

My mission for the next 1.5 months until my vacation to Florida is to try to spice up my life a little bit. I am not exactly sure how I am going to do this....there has to be a way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home