Thursday, March 31, 2005
One neat thing that I saw was a list of states etc that I've been to - here goes my try at it:
Bold the states you've visited; underline the states you've lived in; and italicize where you are living now.
Alabama / Alaska / Arizona / Arkansas / California / Colorado / Connecticut / Delaware / Florida / Georgia / Hawaii / Idaho / Illinois / Indiana / Iowa/ Kansas / Kentucky / Louisiana / Maine / Maryland / Massachusetts / Michigan / Minnesota / Mississippi / Missouri / Montana / Nebraska / Nevada / New Hampshire / New Jersey / New Mexico / New York / North Carolina / North Dakota / Ohio / Oklahoma / Oregon / Pennsylvania / Rhode Island / South Carolina / South Dakota / Tennessee / Texas / Utah / Vermont / Virginia / Washington / West Virginia / Wisconsin / Wyoming / Washington D.C /
And to add to the above - countries in Europe!
Andorra / Austria / Belgium / Cyprus / Czech Republic / Denmark / Finland / France / Germany / Greece / Hungary / Iceland / Ireland / Italy / Liechtenstein / Luxembourg / Malta / Monaco / Netherlands / Norway / Poland / Portugal / Romania / San Marino / Spain / Sweden / Switzerland / Turkey / United Kingdom /
So the grand total is: 21 States (incld D.C.) and 13 countries (total 15 with US & Canada)
Yet another new goal: 2010 Goal (gives me a few years): 40 States and 20 countries
So it is off to bed I go - night night!
Tuesday, March 29, 2005
My newest hobby...
Thats all for now....sleep is calling to me!
Friday, March 25, 2005
Living on a Ranch Goal revisited
- First off - I'm an accountant - not exactly a viable job to have when you live in the middle of several thousand acres of land. Unless I do the books for the ranch, but again, not exactly a full time job there.
- So, I could always help out around the ranch...ummm - what do I know about ranch life? I have absolutely no realistic idea of what it involves. Sure, I've read a lot - but what do I know about cattle and crops, horses and machinery, misc farm animals and weather reports - not a heck of a lot, thats for sure!
- Ranches are an expensive venture - definitely not exactly cash rich right now.
- I do not even know anyone that owns a ranch, so marrying into one probably will not work - and what honest, down to earth rancher would want to marry a globe-trotting city girl? If you know any, send him my way :-)
- I've never even been to a rodeo!! That is another black mark against me - I just keep thinking of them don't I?
I could probably fill a book with all that I don't know about ranching, and have enough left over for at least one sequel! So, I've now decided that I will cross this goal off my list, and replace it with a future vacation to Montana or Wyoming on one of those working Dude Ranches (City Slickers - Women in the West episode). Good enough exchange - I'll be able to say that I lived on a ranch for a week :-) One goal eliminated, another added!